Senior heads of 11 state companies have been dismissed from their posts.
In a tweet on Thursday, President of Privatization and Corporation Board (PCB) Mohamed Nizar stated that 20 senior heads of 11 companies have been dismissed from their posts.
The board members that were dismissed include board member of Housing Development Corporation (HDC) Ahmed Bunyamin, Chairman of Fenaka Corporation Iqbal Adam, Public Service Media (PSM)’s managing director Ibrahim Khaleel and deputy managing director Mohamed Ikram.
Others that were dismissed include;
• Housing Development Corporation (HDC)’s chairman Mohamed Shahid and managing director Ahmed Naasif
• Public Service Media (PSM)’s chairperson Mariyam Azra
• Maldives Transport and Contracting Company (MTCC)’s chairman Ahmed Niyaz and CEO Ibrahim Ziyath
• Greater Male’ Industrial Zone Limited (GMIZL)’s chairman Mohamed Rasheed and managing director Mohamed Simon
• State Electric Company Limited (STELCO)’s chairman Ahmed Aiman and managing director Ahmed Zuhoor
• Island Aviation Services (IAS)’s chairman Ahmed Shafeeu and managing director Abdul Haaris
• Gan International Airport Limited (GIA)’s chairman Ahmed Latheef
• Maldives Hajj Corporation’s managing director Idhrees Ismail
• Maldives Sports Corporation’ chairman Ihusan Abdul Ghany and managing director Abdul Razzaaq Ibrahim
• Dhiraagu’s chairman Mohamed Ashmaly
While many senior heads of state companies during former President Abdulla Yameen’s administration were dismissed from their posts after President Ibrahim Mohamed Solih took oath, others had resigned from their posts shortly before President Solih was inaugurated.