President Ibrahim Mohamed Solih has appointed five state ministers on Thursday.
President Solih made all five appointments and handed their letters of appointment during a special ceremony held at the President’s Office on Thursday morning.
The five ministers appointed on Thursday are;
• Mohamed Iyad Hameed as Minister of State for Economic Development
• Hassan Rasheed as Minister of State for Fisheries, Marine Resources and Agriculture
• Sheikh Ilyas Jamal as Minister of State for Islamic Affairs
• Aishath Rasheed as Minister of State for Gender, Family and Social Services
• Ahmed Mujthaba as Minister of State for Environment
President’s Office said the President made all five appointments under the powers granted to him under Article 115 (f) of the Constitution.