President Ibrahim Mohamed Solih on Wednesday nominated 12 names for Anti-Corruption Commission (ACC)'s membership.
The President's Office opened application for ACC membership on June 24, after the resignation of former ACC President Hassan Luthufee.
In the letter sent to the Parliament, the President requested them to make a decision regarding the 12 nominations.
When the names of the nominees were read out to the parliament floor, the Parliament Speaker had announced that the names would be evaluated by the parliament's Independent Institutions Committee before a decision is reached.
The 12 names nominated by President Solih are:
1. Fathimath Anoola, G. Vadinolhuge, Male’ City
2. Arif Rasheed, Bird Villa, B. Thulhaadhoo
3. Zeeniya Abdulla, Madhoshimaage, H. A. Baarah
4. Ibrahim Shakeel, Dhafthar no. 3654
5. Aishath Abdulla, Rolegoalge, Lh. Hinnavaru
6. Mariyam Shiuna, Nedhunge, S. Hithadhoo
7. Mujthaba Hameed, Dheefromge, R. Kandholhudhoo
8. Ali Ashraf, Dhafthar no. 3366
9. Mariyam Ahmed, M. Trusthome, Male’ City
10. Niyaz Ibrahim, Broom, G. Dh. Thinadhoo
11. Abdulla Mizaan, Raihvillage, Kandholhudhoo
12. Adam Shamil, Raihvillage, Th. Vilufushi