Health Protection Agency (HPA) says protective measures are being taken in Maldives with the World Health Organization (WHO) announcing an international health emergency following the outbreak of Ebola in Democratic Republic of Congo.
In a tweet on Thursday, HPA said their response plan has been activated and all recommended measures to protect the country are being taken.
The deadly Ebola virus had previously spread twice in Congo, in 2017 and 2018. The current epidemic had taken the lives of many up to date.
Maldives had previously also taken preventive measures with the spread of Ebola in some African countries during 2016.
One of these measures was denying on-arrival visas to passengers travelling to Maldives from countries experiencing the spread of the Ebola virus.